Re: HYB: Maiden bloom
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Maiden bloom
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 06:42:26 -0400

oops - hit send before I finished. This year, it was so hot and dry
right after they were planted that some crosses didn't survive. I did
try to keep them watered, but it was too much for some of them. So I
stopped planting. The ones I held back are still small - they look like
two month old seedlings! I've moved them all to bigger pots, but I'm
not sure how well they will survive thru the winter unless it stays
really mild for several months to give them a chance to grow.

The early ones that survived lining out really took off after I mulched
them.