REB: Feed Back - hot beard
  • Subject: REB: Feed Back - hot beard
  • From: <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 09:16:38 -0400

Blooming now, along with Over And Over, Delta Lady, Star Gate, Double Your Fun,
and a few seedlings.
Showing hot color in the beard of Feed Back, in reference to the discussion begun
on iris-photos 5/23/12 of second year sprouts for intense color.  The seedling shown
then was Blue Moonlight X Sharpshooter.  Blue Moonlight is Feed Back X Brother Carl.
To explain the difference in first vs second year sprouts in the cross, my belief is the
first year sprouts took after the Brother Carl side, second year after the Feed Back
side, with beard color linkage on anthrocyanin.  Anthrocyanin resulting in delayed
germination in this instance.
Although the registration description does not mention this beard color, it doesn't
generally show from front view.  Close observation in the garden gives more info.
Must be true that women never forget.
BTW - Tim Stanek needed a break, so I'll be writing the Midwestern Report for the
RIS Recorder.  Any and all rebloom reports from Regions 6,8,9,18,21, overseas (Loic!)
and part of Canada (Chuck C!) will be ecstatically welcomed in my inbox.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5

JPEG image