Re: New Benchmark

Jan; Your contributions are already substantial and I am very thankful for them. If you can get back to it thats great but do not minimize what you have done. Regretfully I do not have e-mail addresses for many contributors, so I must use these public forums to thank everyone collectively. To me this is what the Iris Society is all about, working together for everyones benefit.

Hi Bob,

The new benchmark is wonderful but I am sorry I have not been helping you to achieve it.  I hope to get back to posting soon.  My daughter was buying a house and selling a condo and we were moving her and fixing things and all the other stuff that has to be done.  Between that and dealing with all the irises we have been digging and marking from the national I have just not been keeping up my end.  I promise to try.

From: Robert Pries <robertpries@embarqmail.com>
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:36 AM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] New Benchmark

Today the Iris Encyclopedia topped 49,000 pages. That is 70% of all names. It seems like we have reached a passing grade. Although, just barely! But perhaps we are coming of age, and you will probably find a page for most irises for which you may be looking. I wish to thank all our wiki workers for the effort so far, and invite everyone to put up more images. I also wish to pass on the fact that many people have found this, an exceptional tool, and have sent thanks. I want all our workers to know that their efforts are widely appreciated. And I hope they see many posts saying that the work they are doing is important. We have a long way to go and I hope many more will join in this effort.