Re: HYB: "kate" & IMM rebloom breeding
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: "kate" & IMM rebloom breeding
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 18:30:28 -0400

Loic, all the seeds I got from you were TB X TB except for one that I
think was TB X IB. That was a pink cross - no rebloom.

Glad you are still enjoying "cloud shadows". I don't know what you
would have to use to have best luck getting median rebloom seedlings
from it. Interesting that reblooming MTBs crossed with it don't
rebloom. And I know Chuck Chapman didn't get any rebloom from a cross
of FOREVER BLUE with IMMORTALITY ("cloud shadows" pod parent), so that
probably won't work with it either.

I haven't had much luck getting back to rebloom with IMM offspring under
my growing conditions. So far, the crosses with rebloom have been (IMM
x something) X strong repeat bloomer (MATRIX, TWILIGHT FANCIES). But a
cross of IMM X MATRIX gave only <one!> rebloom seedling, and it's a
cycle bloomer.

I've made a bunch more crosses of IMM seedlings back to IMM to see what
the ratios are with that kind of cross, but I'm starting to think that
there is a pretty unique package of genes that are combined in IMM to
make her so willing to rebloom, but that they just aren't there when IMM
is combined with most others.