Re: Photo: Yarai (pseudata iris)
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Photo: Yarai (pseudata iris)
  • From: AIS Janet Smith <gbyp456@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 07:39:52 -0700

Will this ever be introduced for folks to buy???
I like it!
Janet Smith
AIS Coordinator, Calendar, Digital Programs/Slides, Image/Photo, Photo Contest
Fresno Iris Society, Secretary 2013
P O Box 1585
Coarsegold, CA 93614-1585
559-683-0447 (home and fax)

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 12:44 AM, <Elmsterj@aol.com> wrote:
I am entranced by this iris when it blooms.....6 stalks on a 2-year plant; it bloomed for 3 weeks.  It is one of the seedlings from Dr. Shimizu from Japan.  It is pretty hardy, having survived down to 0 degrees F here.  It is a "pseudata", which is a cross between I. pseudacorus and a Japanese iris (ensata).  The rain had just stopped before I took this photo in June.
It's name is 'Yarai'.
Elm