Re: Iris Cleaning Station

We had over 250 varieties for the sale this year.  The club gets together to clean all the irises and mark the leaves with the price and names.  It takes about 5 hours each day.  One of the local nurseries went out of business and gave us her plastic plant trays.  These are used both to dry the irises and display them at the sale.   It saves the step of transferring irises from the window screens to cardboard flat boxes.  The bars are not using boxes anymore for beer.  They are shrink-wrapping beer.  Last year we had to scrounge to find enough cardboard flat  boxes.  The plastic trays are much nicer.