Re: Belamcanda chinensis

From: "Jackson, Barbara-Jean" <JACKSONB@BrandonU.CA>

Hi iris photo people,

I am growing these Blackberry Lilies for the first time in my zone 3
garden.  They look healthy with lots of leaves but no flowers.  Is there
some special trick to get them to produce blooms?  They will be dug after
first frost and stored in the unheated basement to try again next year.

They are just so pretty, I had to try them.  Also, don't know the botanical
name but after 3 years of growing Peacock Orchid, this year I got one to
bloom.  It is white with a purple splotch in the middle and a nice musky
scent.  They, too, have to be dug every year and stored overwinter.
Anybody know what the botanical name is for this one?  I'll scout around
and see if I have a photo to share a little later.

BJ in "Sunny" MB (and darn cold, too.  I think fall fell when I wasn't
looking), Zone 3, Canadian Prairies

At 08:39 PM 9/2/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>From: "Mark Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
>> I've got 3 bee pods now.  :)
>     Save the seed, and you will have more Blackberry Lilies than you can
>Mark A. Cook
>Dunnellon, Florida           [Low 62 F, High 95 F]
>ATTENTION ONElist MEMBERS:  Get your ONElist news!

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR. Apply online today!