articles | gallery of plants | blog | plant profiles | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
First open-source seeds released!

International Garden Photographer of the Year winners

Many gardeners attribute success to luck, not skill

Big, old trees make great carbon sinks

Tomato gene tweaked to lengthen growing season

Emerald ash borer may have predator

RSS story archive

Designed, hosted, & managed by

Horticultural Software Solutions™

Ostry White

Here is a shot of I. aphylla 'Ostry White'.  I heard a lot about this one, but never saw a photo.  Finally bought some, and now I know what it looks like.  Very different looking from most of the I. aphylla I've seen (note the long bracts and form of the flower).  I expected no dark pigment from discussions I've seen, but there is a lot of deep purple coloring in the base of the flower and some in the bracts.  Only a year old, but looks like it will be a strong grower for me.

Dave
central NM
USDA Zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor