Sony scientist 3D-prints gardens

Inside theft of world's rarest water lily

Ash borers targeting other ash family members

Record-setting 2096-lb pumpkin grown in Switzerland

16 year-old girls increase crop production 74%

First open-source seeds released!

RSS story archive

Ostry White

Here is a shot of I. aphylla 'Ostry White'.  I heard a lot about this one, but never saw a photo.  Finally bought some, and now I know what it looks like.  Very different looking from most of the I. aphylla I've seen (note the long bracts and form of the flower).  I expected no dark pigment from discussions I've seen, but there is a lot of deep purple coloring in the base of the flower and some in the bracts.  Only a year old, but looks like it will be a strong grower for me.

Dave
central NM
USDA Zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor