Re: On another note (re Currier McEwen)

--- John  Bruce <jbruce1@cinci.rr.com> wrote:
> Char--
> No, I'm sorry I do not. I suspect they are friends
> of Currier McEwen, the hybridizer.

Yes, Shirley Pope is a close friend of Currier and presently is
on the AIS Board of Directors. Peg Edwards was also a friend (if
I understand it correctly). He has also named a Siberian after
his grandson 'Ewen'.

** Today is Currier's 101st birthday! He likes that it is on
April Fool's Day. :-)

Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3a
Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15
http://members.rogers.com/iris2003/newbb.html (clothing)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)