Iris - cult - Aphids

Hello all  from NZ

I promised in a iris-l  chat to post the name of the  of the aphid control
plant I used in my commercial glasshouse and planted in my own garden.

I did remember it just took me a while to  find the " safe place" I put the
orginal packet in with the botanical name on it..... LOL

Phacelia Tanacetiifolia - is an effective and efficent alternative to
chemical pest control by enchaning the population of the thests natural
In this case it attracts the hover fly whose larvae decimate aphid
populations. The blue flower is attractive and has a pleasing scent and it
is suitable for large scale commercial use and for the home gardner.

I only purchased one packets of seed and then just havested my own and grew
the plants on large tubs and just moved them about the glasshoues and garden
as required .
These plants are all I used for 3 years after trying with out sucess to
control the " bugs" with chemicals.

I had over 20,000 lettuce plants in production at any one time  that never
got aphids or any of the other nasties that follow them due to this small

If you want to know anything else about these beauties please email me :)

New Zealand
First to see the sun
I am your future you are my past ..... aren't you glad you are reading this
cos you know tomorrow has arrived ..........

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of IMSTP.gif]