RE: Iris - cult - Aphids

HI,

The insect that usually attacks aphid populations here in the dry southwest
is most often a small wasp.  The larva matures inside the aphid's body,
pupates inside the empty aphid skin, and the wasp emerges through a little
round hole in the aphid.  I would have to look up the name of the aphid,
and I have no idea if the adult feeds on aphid honey dew, on flower nectar,
if it is carnivorous too, or something else.  We have lots of wild Phacelia
here (though not the same species), and it sometimes has lots of aphids on
it!

Dave