RE: TB: Height?

For me in central NM, it is more common for them not to even reach the
minimum TB height!  For my expected height, I often lop of 1/3 from the
published height of a given cultivar.   Most of my Iris do not go much over
2 ft tall.

However, in Fort Collins, Colorado, where my plants were in black clay (old
marsh bottom soil) right up against walls so protected from the wind, and
where the temperatures were slightly less hot in spring, I did often get 4
ft stalks, rarely 5 ft.  It depends on the cultivar too.  That was pretty
amazing up there.

I've never grown any of the ones that are supposed to get 6 and more ft
tall, yet.  Maybe they'd get a little taller for me here in the desert.

Dave