Re: TB: height

Same here, especially in the gravel, & especially if it turns hot, dry,
& windy as it often does late in the bloom season.  Some eastern bred,
slow growing but very healthy, mostly older, cultivars are taller.  I
think they spend more time growing looong roots down to the water table
& less time making leaves. <g>  I'd say most 'normal' TBs are less than
30 inches here.

But in cool, wet seasons, some can reach nearly 40 inches.  I'm waiting
to hear what height my 40 inch seedling reaches in California!  When
this thread started, I wondered if somebody had seen it blooming <g>

<For me in central NM, it is more common for them not to even reach the
minimum TB height!  For my expected height, I often lop of 1/3 from the
published height of a given cultivar.   Most of my Iris do not go much
over 2 ft tall.>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8