TB:not, spacing, stats

Hi all,

Speaking of these gift rhizomes.  I don't have any other of the smaller

Can someone tell me how far apart they need to be planted?

Just for fun, and those of you who like such things...  the two sqare feet
worth of these 'minature' iris that were dropped into my lap broke down

53 culls, small rhizomes less that the size of a dime, close to the size of
an average shirt button
48 rhizomes with a single fan of at least five leaves (I heard somewhere 5
was important)
35 rhizomes with a large fan and at least one, but usually two increases of
the cull size,
        ( I didn't see any point in breaking up the set).

I've never seen an overgrown clump of anything, so this was fun for me even
if I pitch 100 perfectly good rhizomes in the woods.

Actually, after I observed how these rhizomes were uniformly healthy and
vigorous, even stacking on top of each other to get a piece of sun I had a
creative idea.  I have a patch of wild black raspberries that I have been
digging out from under the overgrowth (honeysuckle and another woodier vine
that appeared to be evergreen even through the nasty winter we had) and
boosting with some comercial stock.  I was toying with the idea of putting
whatever of these rhizomes go unclaimed in along the paths.  (The
raspberries grow straight up when they sprout mid summer and get tall enough
they wouldn't compete after that) but maybe, once these little guys were
established they could keep the vines under control....

Ah well,
Who's to say,