RE: TB:not, spacing, stats

Christian,

One thing I have found to be rather fun is to find--or locate someone who has
them--and transplant I. verna and I. cristata into the kinds of sites you
describe.  They both tolerate that kind of shade (as would the larger I.
tectorum).  The first two should be native in your area and are both easy to
transplant.

Right now, I. cristata here is just starting to grow.  The new leaves are only
about a half-inch long.  I. verna is pretty much evergreen and needs the old
foliage sheared off to get a really attractive spring clump.

The SDB pieces you describe might all grow, but will be happier with much sun.
Sounds like you are having fun.

Regards,

Neil Mogensen   z6b/7a near Asheville, NC