RE: Importing Iris from USA into Canada

The new regulations for this are
dated Dec 9 2002 and
dated Feb 7th 2003

The only two states affected are California and Oregon To get import information and permit form visit <http://airs-sari-inspection.gc.ca>

import form available in PDF format
and for information on plants
 look under rhizomes, HS = 60120, OGD = 600301

This is part of the response I received re my inquire re this

"Dear M. Chapman,

This is in response to your e-mail of 2003/03/29 regarding the importation of
iris plants from Oregon into Canada.

Yes you do need an import permit to bring iris plants into Canada fron Salem

Please have a look at the section of the Directive D-01-01:
Phytosanitary Requirements to Prevent the Entry of Phytophthora ramorum
Associated with Sudden Oak Death into Canada:

Thank you very much for your e-mail,
Should you have any questions or require any clarification, please do not
hesitate to contact me.

Johanne Coulombe
Plant Health & Production Division
Export & Import Section
Permit Office
Import Control & Enforcement Officer
(613) 225-2342 ext 4331
(613) 228-6605 (fax)"

The import permits are $35.00 and good for three years. You only need one for each state.

Since I'm importing from many of the suppliers in these areas  any Canadian not wishing to get their own permit could contact me to see what we can  arrange.