Getting JPEG format pictures and extra slides

I've used PhotoWorks since it was Seattle film works and have been quite
pleased with them.  A couple of nice features you didn't mention was that
you don't have to decide when you buy film whether you are going to want
pictures or slides if you use their film.  Another is that they will store
your images 'on-line' indefinitely which can be shared with anyone you want
to share them with.  I have a feeling this would be as long as
you are a 'customer.

Mickey Corley
Bethany, OK

A storm last night with high winds  & 1 3/4 inches of rain.  The only iris
in bloom was a small border iris and I haven't looked to see if it was

Message text written by INTERNET:iris@hort.net
Hi Rosalie,

I forget how to put pics on THIS list!  But a couple
of ways to get either SLIDES (for talks) or pictures
in a form can put on computer (usually "JPEG" format):

-- www.snapfish.com

does pretty good pretty inexpensive developing,
AND you get included with it, your pictures in JPEG
format, in your account on the computer.

To copy ANY picture on the computer, you use the
mouse, right click, you'll get a menu -- choose
"Save as", then tell it what you're going to call
the picture, and where you want to save it to
on the computer.

Then, you can stick that picture in an email, or

-- http://photoworks.com

is PhotoWorks (formerly Seattle Film Works).
They're great!  You can order "the works" for a
roll, and get included, a CD with the pictures on

For ANY roll developed with them, you get your pics
in JPEG format, on the computer in your account with
them, as with Snapfish.

One really neat thing they do, I've used this for
years -- from ANY roll of film, you can get both
negatives, prints, AND SLIDES!  The slides are pretty
inexpensive, too, and quite good quality.  You can
at the time of developing, get 2 or 3 sets of slides
from one roll.

We did this when we were visiting Superstition and
Bluebird Haven, gathering pictures of historics to use
in our slide show.  It was quite a bit cheaper to just
get extra slides of the whole roll, rather than
selecting the "good" pictures and ordering slides of
them separately as reprints.

Anyhow, check them out, they're quite good!

zone 9
blooming now:
SOUVENIR DE MADAME GAUDICHAU (has *13* blooms/buds
on this stalk, unfortunately Sydney B. Mitchell show
isn't for 2 weeks!)
UNKNOWN-CHRIS (old 5' tall purple bitone, wonderful),