weather

Well,

Got warm, everything was recovering from the freeze last week - then - 25 F
last night.  This time it took out all the open flowers and all the buds
showing color (sort of looked melted when the sun hit them this morning).
Not sure how much else, but this time the leaves were definitely frozen on
most of the Iris.  Funny, no wind last night, dead calm, yet more damage
than a week earlier when the wind was howling, the temperature was lower,
and the cold lasted longer (only 2.5 hours below freezing last night).  I
suppose maybe because the Iris are quite a bit further along and "softer"
now, and/or perhaps because I had just watered them thoroughly.  Oh well, I
got a few photos Saturday and yesterday.  Most of the TB's are not far
enough along to be damaged (I think), but the earlier ones may be a wash
now.  I had flowers open on I. reichenbachii (yellow) this weekend - very
nice!  Does this species figure much in dwarf breeding?  I don't recall
seeing much mention of it.  Hope it didn't nail the buds on my new Arils
(none of which I've seen in flower yet), the buds are still completely
enclosed within the spathes on those.

Dave