RE: Chemical Warfare in the iris bed

Leslie,
	We use a granular form of Surflan with wonderful results.  It is call XL 2G
and is manufactured by Setre Chemical Company.  I buy it from a local guy
who supplies chemicals to farmers.  For grass we use the Hi-Yield Grass
Killer.  It used to be Poast but has been renamed/relabeled.  Anyway, same
stuff.  The key to making this stuff work is using the Hi-Yield sticker.
Use it at identical quantities as the Grass Killer.  It is really cheap but
makes all the difference in how the Grass Killer works.  Those two and a
little shot of round-up when something really aggravates me concludes our
arsenal for chemical warfare in the iris bed.

Thanks,

Dana

Dana Brown
Director TBIS