Re: Re: HYB: SPEC: I. reichenbachii

Linda,

Paul Cook listed a "yellow I. reichenbachii" as the ancestor of PROGENITOR.

W. R. Dykes considered that I. balkana was merely a synonym for the purple
flowered form of I. reichenbachii. I believe others think that balkana is a
true species, but that in pedigrees these two irises are often confused,
i.e., irises that should be labeled balkana are called reichenbachii and
vice versa.

HIPS Commercial Source Chairman
jcwalters@bridgernet.com