CULT: Blooming Today

Somebody wanted to know what a luminata looked like.  I don't have
a picture, but I do have a bloom today on one of the earliest
blooming luminatas.  It is the IB BLACKCURRANT, and what a
beauty it is.  It has all of the bells and whistles of a luminata and a
very pronounced yellow inner glow.  Just perfect.

Blooming with it is an IB seedling of Song of Grace X Cocoa Pink.
This is a light yellow with a solid powder blue beard.  It has an ideal
stalk with two branches and five buds.  This is maiden bloom and is
worthy of another look next year.

Several arilbreds are in bloom.  My branched halfbred seedling of
last year has two sisters to give maiden bloom this year.  They are
also branched but not as pretty as the big sister that first bloomed
last year.  'A' seedling has veined blue standards and veined red
falls with a near black signal.  It was pollinated today by one of the
sisters that bloomed yesterday to try to recapture the white ground
of Zerzura.  'B' and 'C' are disappointments that are similar in
coloration - veined blue standards and gaudy yellowish veined falls.
Where does the yellow come from when the parents are Zerzura
and Tel Aviv?

SAHRA TASH, an older arilbred, has an interesting blueblack signal.
I was tempted to use the pollen but didn't.  Maybe tomorrow when
the first bud of JEHOSAPHAT'S RELIANCE opens.  Sounds like
they might be a couple.

ORANGE POPSICLE X TEL AVIV is showing a little orange color.  I
have never seen an orange arilbred. Have you?   I wonder how this
will turn out!  Everybody keep their fingers crossed.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8