CAT: Transportation

Like everyone else I am looking at catalogs and filling out order blanks.  Then come
the choices for transportation.

I called UPS yesterday to find out how many days it would take to get a package
from the west coast to MS by using UPS ground service. I talked to several different
people and was told it could take as many as eleven days using ground service from
Portland, OR, to Oakland, MS.  I  asked about the route of the truck and that could
not be definitely stated.  One route goes through Phoenix, and it could take eight
days for the package to come from Phoenix.  Another person quoted one day less.

So, when you are thinking about transportation charges and the heat of the desert
and how hot it gets inside an UPS truck, you might want to consider adding extra
postage for UPS air service or ask for USPS Priority Mail.   It could be worth it in the
long run.

I have gotten moldy or rotting plants in the past and know it was because of the heat
and long ride in the truck.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8