HYB: germination/apples

Who knows if the apples worked or not, but it made me feel like I was
doing something <g>

So far, there are about 141 surviving 'early' seedlings that are now all
lined out in window boxes where they will get lots of water & fertilizer
until planted out in their permanent locations.  One or two of these are
already as big as previous seedlings after a year in the garden.

There are an additional 150 or more late seedlings that are doing their
best to catch up with the early batch.  Some of these are still
germinating, especially in the batch that was in the fridge for an extra
month (taken out April 1).

In one cross, all the seeds rotted in the fridge.

I'm not sure what percentage of survivors that is out of the total -
seems like I remember there being around 1000 seeds?  So that's about
30% germination, and several crosses did not germinate at all so far.  I
plan to let ungerminated crosses sit outdoors till after TB bloom
season, then put them back in the fridge for 3 or 4 months & start over
again.

Unless the late germinated seedlings catch up with the early ones in
size - then I will just leave the ungerminated ones to ma nature.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8