Re: OT: bio of Darm Crook

  Hi Ellen :
  The Irises I have growing now I`m not sure what they
may be . They have been in my garden for a quit a few
years and when planted I wasn`t to concerned on what
they were named , thus I never recorded or marked them
as to their I.D.
 However this winter I got some seed for I. Siberica ,
I. Yellow Flag and I. Graminea . all species I believe
. I think with a little effort I should be able to
winter over a wide variety of irises as I have
succeeded wintering tea and David Austin roses for 5
winters now . If one can do them irises should be
relatively easy in comparison . I don`t consider a
plant to be successfully wintered over until it comes
back in the spring and blooms , if they don`t bloom
they haven`t wintered .
  Thank you for the info on the other two mailing
lists .