Re: CULT:TB: Jesse's Song, Returning Chameleon

> I have a pregnant fan.  Or maybe I should call it an emerging stalk.  It's
> on Jesse's Song.  BUT, is this normal?  My Cooleys catalogue lists it as a
> mid season bloomer, and no one else is showing any signs...
> On top of that,  there's a leaf sitting on top of the stalk.

Christian, Jesse's Song always blooms early for us -- it is normally one of
the very first TB's to bloom.  I think I saw a stalk coming on today, in
fact.  It is a bit early even for JS, but I think this warm snap has made
everything bolt.  It is supposed to be cooler the rest of the week, so that
should slow things down.  The leaf on top of the stalk is probably normal.
Sometimes when a stalk first emerges, it looks like the tip of a fan at the
top. In time, it should grow into a normal terminal bud.

I would guess that your Returning Chameleon is reacting to the erratic
weather patterns we've been having.  Betty Wilkerson may have more info for
you on that.

Judy Hunt in Louisville, KY, about 40 miles, more or less, north of
Christian's home in Elizabethtown, KY