HYB: pushing seedlings

When I line out seedlings in the window boxes, I put in a layer of
gravel, then a layer of alfalfa pellets, then a thick layer of a mixture
of coarse creek sand, potting mix from a local greenhouse, crushed
dolomite limestone.

Transplanted seedlings are watered in with a root stimulant concoction
(can't remember the name right now - I've posted it before).  After
they've bounced back from being transplanted, I try to remember to feed
regularly with something like Miracle Grow or Sam's Deep Feeding soluble
fertilizer.  Or with slow release fertilizer (Osmocote).

What a busy spring this has been.  Nice clump shots of a couple of SDBs
& IBs to post eventually - maybe I can get to it this winter.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8