Re: SPEC: Unknown Orange beardless

Yes, Christian, I agree.  The mimosa foliage is lacy enough that it appears
to bloom quite well.  Now that I know what type of iris it is and what it
likes,  I may be able to transplant it to another spot.  I had tried it in
my front flower bed (on a walker's street) so other people could enjoy it
but it doesn't do well there.  That bed is sand clear to China and there is
no way I can make a a wet area with lots organic matter.

I've been adding organic matter to it for almost 50 years and still can lay
a hose running full blast and the water just disappears into the ground.  I
have to fight constantly to keep the fertility up enough to grow my bearded

Bethany OK
Zone 5 - Center of OK

Message text written by INTERNET:iris@hort.net

wouldn't the fact that it is overcrowding itself and in need of dividing
indicate that it likes being under the mimosa tree?