CULT:Early Clumpers

Some early bloomers making very nice clumps in my garden the last
week or so:

SWING AND SWAY - this is a beautiful shade of light blue with very
strong stalks that are wonderfully branched to hold all of the buds.
This carefree grower never fails to do an outstanding job of reviving
the winter-latent iris virus.  The Checklist says this blooms 'M'.  That
has never been the case here.  It is the first TB or among the first
TBs to bloom every year.  Sammy Kaye would be proud of this iris.
Grab your partner and be first on the floor.

CALICO RUFFLES - this is one of my own children that very few
people saw, and I'm not shy about bragging on it.  It probably
blooms too early for any judges to see it at conventions, and that
probably limited its audience.  It is a husky grower that never pouts
by not blooming.  It has a tailored look when it first blooms and
doesn't ruffle up until the second day.  Its coloration is 'stone-
washed' violet-blue like the picture of yesterday's iris-photo of
PANDORA'S PURPLE.

ZIGGY - this siren cannot hide.  It is a 'variegated (broken color)
variegata.'  Strange thing this year, some of the stalks show no
broken color at all, but that is ok because it still beckons the viewer
to come see it first, and say 'WHAT is that?'

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8