Re: SDB: name?

I expect that the iris you are growing under the name of "Brass" is

BRASH (Joe Gatty hybridizer, introduced by Keith Keppel, 1995) SDB 38cm
S. light chrome yellow flushed metallic grey, deeper in center; style arms
aureolin; F. sunflower suffused greyed mauve, washed deeper in center,
flecked darker; beards deep chrome yellow.

"Brash" is a word derived from Scottish dialect. Its equivalent in French
would be "impertinent". I'm sorry that I don't know the Flemish equivalent.

No iris bloom here yet, and not much sunshine, either.