TB: Wilkerson Iris

In a message dated 4/17/2003 9:19:17 AM Central Standard Time,
Autmirislvr@aol.com writes:

This message is to all the people that I sent Convention Iris to last summer.

Bridge In Time, Returning Chameleon, Rebound, and Gilded Cream are the ones
that I sent out. If they do not seem to bloom true to name, e-mail me off
line and I will try to supply the proper name by description.  I had several
seedlings at the convention but should be able to identify each. Description
below for the four irises. All are TB's

BRIDGE IN TIME approx. 36 inches tall. White with light yellow beard.  Green
veining in cold weather.  (Rebloomer)

RETURNING CHAMELEON-listed as 32" but probably more like 30" in most gardens.
As the name implies the color varies due to weather, etc. S. greyed white to
pale lavender (can be palest pink) F. pale lavender with chartreuse cast.
There is a good picture at Nicholl's site. (Good Rebloom)

GILDED CREAM-34" S. Cream veined bright yellow. F. Cream with shoulders
overlaid indian yellow (17C).  Good increase and good stalk ratio. Good
garden accent. Mike Sutton reported that it reblooms in their gardens in

REBOUND.   34" Plicata. S. Greyed red F, Cream ground overlaid greyed red.
Love this in local gardens, but was shocked to see what it looked like in the
Memphis gardens last year. It bloomed an old rose in place of the greyed red.
I was disappointed but thought I should warn everyone in case it responds
this way to your conditions. Rebloomer.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT spring!

Betty W. South-Central KY Zone 6.  Eagerly anticipating the advance of
spring.  I'm seeing a lot of stalks on the seedlings from 1502 (Silverado x
Immortality) X (Bridge In Time x (Feedback x Titan's Glory))! There are
several in this group that have pbf.  I'm really anxious to start seeing the
results!  Fun time!