--- Janet C Hueller <jansirisgarden@juno.com> wrote:

>>> Or: what about using the plastic bags that you put your
and veggies in from the market?  And fasten with a rubber band.
Reclying and just throw them away when done.  <<<

Hi Jan - I used the baggies at the last Denver AIS convention
where it alternately snowed and rained. I was sick of having wet
feet all day in the tour gardens. The only problem was (outside
of looking like a bag lady) that they tended to rip after about
an hour or two. But they worked...sort of.
>>> I think the shower cap idea might be best, but what do I
know? <<<

I agree that is sounds good. I am going to get some cheap shower
caps and throw them into my suitcase for the Sib/species
convention in Canada in June. (won't be at the AIS convention in
VA :-(

Thanks for the hint,

Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3a
Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)