Re: SDB: name?

In a message dated 4/17/03 8:53:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
babsdewit@yahoo.com writes:

> Labelled: Brass. I searched the irisregister, but
> found no entry for this name. Description of the iris:
> yellow self with white beards tipped yellow/orange.
> Can anyone help me with a name?

Hi Babs,

Two possibilities:

BRASSIE (Warburton 1958) Early 14 in. (36 cm) Chrome yellow, yellow beards.

BRASS RING (Willott 1972) Early 13 in. (33 cm) Full yellow, deeper spot on
falls, orange beards.

Dorothy Willott in Northern Ohio, USA, Zones 5/6