CULT: Impressive Bloomers

All sorts of bearded irises are blooming at the same time.

GOING BONKERS, SDB, is reblooming and the second bloom
doesn't look anything like the first.  I wonder if it is a mutant ninga or
a sport.    I had to help both open because they got hung up in the
sheath, probably wondering what they were doing in such an
unfriendly climate.

BEES KNEES, SDB, knocked my socks off this morning.  What a
petite cutey pink this is, out of the foliage and showing branching
with at least three buds.  All of the others in this class have not
made it out of the foliage so they couldn't show any branching if they
had the potential.  Another thing, the flowers on this are so dainty
and flared, I thought it was a short MTB.  If it is fertile, it should be
used with MTBs.  Maybe somebody already has.  Most SDBs don't
fare well here, so when I have a good one, I want to let everybody

BYZANTINE ART, AB, makes me think Lowell has an umbrata AB.
Anyway, this cannot be mistaken for another.  The red 'signal'
covers just about all of the fall.  Linda, are you reading this?

Want some distinctive brownish irises?  MAUNA LOA FIRE and
FERROUS FANTASY are outstanding in coloration and branching.
I certainly would have hated the job of registering these because
they are indescribable.  MLF is striped with yellow and FF is overlaid
with reddish violet.  Brown is what you see at a distance, but closer
inspection shows the differences.  I have heard some irisarians say
they don't like brown flowers.  These might change your mind!

A visitor read the tag as 'Polish Manners,' and wondered how that fit
this gorgeous satiny dark violet TB.  I removed the dirt covering the
'ed,' and we got a laugh.  POLISHED MANNERS is one of Keith's
not getting much publicity, but it is a dandy, the satiny sheen almost
blinding like the reflection of the sun on a car windshield.  It's that

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA (Tempted to pull down the sheaths of the
ROMANTIC EVENING children showing color, but knowing better).