Re: CULT: Impressive bloomers

I sure am reading it and wondering if it would live here.

<BYZANTINE ART, AB,.... Linda, are you reading this?>

This is the second year for phenomenal bloom here - no roller coaster
spring freeze damage to speak of, although there is some winter damage,
including the massive outbreak of leafspot, which has completely
disappeared without treatment once new foliage replaced the winter
damaged leaves.

The TBs are barely getting started, but all the medians that have
bloomed have been putting on a show.  WIDOW'S VEIL made a mass of messy
blooms & kept it up before during & after heavy rains.  LOGO (see Keith
K, I don't kill everything of yours), BLUE POOLS, SERENITY PRAYER, BEING
BUSY, BOTTLED SUNSHINE, Ian Efford's SIGNA seed I. reichenbachii, a pink
IB from Larry Doucette, FANTASTIC BLUE, HUMILITY all putting on a show.

The most spectacular have been RARE EDITION and that SDB seedling I sent
you Walter - it's a much taller & prolific blooming version of BEING
BUSY.  Of course I had to put pollen on it, wishing I could get that
spot on something taller.  And the mass of reichenbachii, which is just
getting started.  That is some plant!

Only a few TBs opening - SUMMER GREENSHADOWS, ENGLISH COTTAGE, SUMMER
OLYMPICS, and one of my seedlings.  Unbelievable number of buds out
there tho.

The rhizomes planted on top of the ridge (clay soil, better exposure,
and better air drainage) look even better and all look as tho they will
bloom.  I will finally get to see what the rest of those IMMORTALITY X
CELEBRATION SONG seedlings look like!

Jeff W., that red-black "NOT Cherry Smoke" is going to be an early
bloomer up there - stalks almost showing color - yet it is one of the
latest to bloom in the gravel patch.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8