TB: death toll (was: HYB:, TB: Season's progress)

--- John Reeds <lamegardener@msn.com> wrote:

>>> Louisa's Song and Double Click are my favorite potential
parents this year, with Painted From Memory and Rippling River
also not being wasted.  I really want to derive a flower painted
with a blue palette from Louisa's Song. <<<

New TBs in my garden that are in the real iris heaven: 'Louisa's
Song' and 'Lights, Camera, Action'. One other TB is gone but
took its nametag with it and I have 'misplaced' my handwritten
garden notes from 2002 that I neglected to tranpose to the
computer... I did find 2001 handwritten garden notes tho'. This
is why some of us do not hybridize.... I just found some seeds
in my kitchen drawer that I had put there in 2000. :-(

The good news is the 85 new bearded (mostly TBs) are doing
great!
We had a touch of the dreaded freeze thaw cycles this
spring...nothing is in bloom except for a few crocus but there
is some green showing on the irises near the house.

Ellen

=====
Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3a
Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)