Re: CULT: Impressive bloomers

HUMILITY (Hager) IB is putting on a spectacular show for the second year
in a row.  Lovely pink-toned plicata has made a nice clump.  I think
this one may be usually frozen out here - I don't remember seeing it
before last year, but I've had it for several years.

Another one in a nice clump just getting started is a red-black IB gift
from Larry Doucette.  Very black on the falls in this cool, wet spring.
I can probably figure out what this and the pink IB are someday - Larry
sent a list of everything he was growing at the time he gave these
away.  Both are probably 80s irises.

Still early for most TBs, but ENGLISH COTTAGE is revving up.  This one
is usually frozen out, but grows well always & is loaded with bloom this
year.  No substance, but still one of my favorites - big, loose, and
<so> sweetly fragrant.

And then there is one of those 'what do I do with this' seedlings -
super healthy, tall, great garden presence, good bud count, branching,
nice saturated raspberry color, but haf the falls are striped with haft
marks, & the form is from the 40s:  (I. pallida x MULBERRY ROSE) X DUSKY
CHALLENGER.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8