From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net]On Behalf Of Ellen
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2003 7:08 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] Re: CULT: Death Toll now robust growers

--- Donald Eaves <donald@eastland.net> wrote:

>>> HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS (Duncan '01).  The middle grower, it's
currently glorious with 4 stalks of big, deep ruffled very dark
purple blooms.  NOT short and holding up well in the wind.
Probably is lower on bud count than it might have been without
the late freezes.  Impressive!  No one's mentioning it -
why not? <<<

Hi Donald,

HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS (Duncan '01) does well here....I like it very
much. Nothing bothers it particularly our heavy rainfall.
Bloomed the first year here which endeared it to me and it is
Roger's. Second reason I liked it. :-)

Have to get ABBEY ROAD...will try to order it tomorrow. Thanks
for mentioning it.

Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone
Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)