Re: TB: death toll : unplanted irises

Well, I know the wetness is a big contributing factor here.  I had been
dividing irises last
year and I had some old momma rhizomes that I left lying at the side of
the bed (unplanted)
and they came through the winter fine, while the ones I had replanted
died... of course, I
had to replant the momma rhizomes now since they were sending up offshoots.

I would really like to experiment more with leaving irises that I
receive late unplanted, but
I figure if I did it intentionally they would all die.

Has anyone had similar experiences.

SE Manitoba
Zone 3

P.S.  we have had our share of freezing, thawing so far this spring and
it ain't over yet.  We got
about 8 inches of snow on Thursday, the week before it had gone up to 80
degrees and
it was up to 70 degrees again this weekend.