Re: CULT: Helpful Hints for Sure-Fire Bloom

>Wow. Sandra and Jeff, are you onto something for cold climate
>gardening? I will try and 'not' plant some divisions in 2003 and
>see what happens.
>
>Ellen ( ...why plant, throw on the ground - I like it ;-)
>

>=====
>Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone
3a
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two blooming discoveries here that were not meant to be:

I was redoing the arilbred bed last fall and had put some rhizomes in the
shade of the flowering almond bush.  I missed returning one rhizome to the
bed.  FOURTEEN FOR RACHEL is blooming under the bush without having been
planted.

I toss excess rhizomes over the fence and then get on John Deere and use the
mower deck to cut them into smithereens.  A piece of BURGANDY BUBBLES fell
inside the hollow opening of a cinder block.  This rhizome, growing where the
sun 'don't' shine, has sent up a bloomstalk.  So, if you really want something
to bloom, throw it away and eliminate all of the fuss of planting, watering,
fertilizing, etc.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (Shocked and awed over DUDE, JUMP START, DELIRIUM, and
GYPSY GLITTER).

Walter Moores