Re: SDB: choosing to introduce? seedling

> So what do I do?  How different does an iris have to be before it's
> worth introducing?  This seems too similar to BEING BUSY.
> --
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

It's different because it gets up out of the fan.  Most of the SDBs I
grow show little or no stem.  They bloom down in the fan.  So when
one stands as tall as its registered height, I cheer it on!

Some pictures of SDBs blooming in other climates have shown up
recently on iris-photos and the Iris Forum's Gallery, and a lot of
them are down in the fan, too, so where do the hybridizers get these
mythical heights for SDBs?  Only BEES' KNEES has gotten out of
the fan this year for me.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS 7/8 USA