AIS: Bulletin arrived; what's blooming too

The April Bulletin arrived here last Saturday (4/19).  This is a great issue!

Not only have we enjoyed looking at the photos of many introductions, but
there were also some articles with hefty and useful information to digest.
Terrific piece of work, Bruce!

Bloom here is up to the IB stage with MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM putting on a
show, LADY EMMA about to open on the one lone stalk that survived the winter,
and many SDB's with happy faces just enough above the foliage to really show

Like Linda Mann describes her garden, I have a mass of "companion plants"
since I'm not yet up to hoeing (been offered some help on that), but some
deliberate companions are putting on quite a show---Creeping Phlox.  SDB's and
Creep Phlox seem to co-exist quite happily and look quite showy together.
I'll try to get a picture or two and post to Iris-photos.

TB's are not far behind.  Lots of stalks (most from increases) are showing and
up to 3/4 height or more.  An awful lot of twisted, distorted or empty stems
are showing down in the fans from winter damage.  I hear this from many of you
up and down the eatern US--our "global warming" winters are not happy
conditions for TB's.  The smaller sorts seem to suffer a lot less.

Neil Mogensen from the mountain country of Western North Carolina where some
"lots" across the road are selling for half to whole million bucks next to a
new golf course.  Anybody want to move here?  The development makes me ill!
Traffic, blasting and terrified wild life....wonder what the rattlesnakes and
copperheads will do?

 z 6b/7a near Asheville and Hendersonville NC