Re: CULT: Easter and Irises Old and New

Laurie,

The unplanted clumps of irises that I left out over the winter were mostly
out in the open. Some were lined up against the shed - on the north side,
so that probably didn't provide much protection. These were not bare root
rhizomes however, there was still a lot of soil adhering to the roots.

I did something like this five or six years ago with a much smaller group
of IBs. Most of them bloomed the following spring, though the stalks and
flowers were a bit smaller than usual. Some of them actually made better
show stalks, because the cultivars had been growing out of class when they
were planted in the ground.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com