Re: CULT: Easter and Irises Old and New

Yes, they were bareroot and I found another one that was sprouting too.
 They were in the open,
full sun for most of the day, shade from the house for morning hours.  I
planted both of them,
but I  won't get bloom because the shoots are too immature.

I do imagine where they were they would have been covered with snow the
entire winter.  Here's
another curve....a large rhizome I left in the unheated garage all
winter (bare root) did not make
it through the winter......at least I don't think it did, it is kind of
soft, I intend on planting it anyway
just to make sure since I have spaces in my beds now.

SE Manitoba

P.S. some of the rhizomes I had in the house bareroot all winter have
survived as well.