Re: CULT:Gravid Greens, preparing beds, and other myths

Ah Christian. . .you're a trip!

  <<<<<Anyway, Green and Gifted and Green Prophecy both have pregnant fans.
  another case of I didn't really believe you.  I've seen the buds peeking
  the top of the fans and thought that must be what you meant.  But, someone
  had said you could actually feel the buds inside the leaves so I've been
  feeling em up.  Again, I found out what y'all meant.>>>>>

      It's what I think of as "palpating." I had commercial rabbits and
palpated the does at 7-10 days for pregnancy. I just do the     same thing to
my iris. Only with iris you don't have to hold them!!

  <<<<So the question is, if I get really ambitious and want to dig my bed
  this year's aquisitions now, while the ground is still readily workable,
  what can I do to keep the weeds down in the interim?

      Best way to kill/keep down weeds after you have worked up a bed is to
cover the area with plastic. I've used both black and clear and found that the
clear, depending upon where you live, has worked best for me 'cause the clear
literally burns the grass/weed seedlings while the black smothers those
emerging.. . I like to fry the suckers. . . !!!!!

  Doris Elevier
  USDA zone 7b Sunset 11
  El Paso, TX