Re: SDB: Being Busy & seedling

That's my perception as well, except for stalk height & minor difference
in bloom size.  Plus the seedling being a wee bit later blooming.

Now that's a thought - that somehow they are the same thing.  It seems
highly unlikely tho.  It lost its seed label, but is growing in the
seedling beds, labeled X1,  Supposedly germinated in 1999 or 2000.
Which corresponds to some kind of notes on seedlings that I have buried
somewhere.  I had assumed it came out of the 'skunked' flats (the ones
where the dog buried the dead skunk) where labels got mixed around,
especially for delayed germinants.

How common/unusual is it to have selfed seedlings identical to the
parent?

On the other hand, my memory being what it is these days, anything is
possible.

I will definitely dig and divide several from both and see if I can tell
them apart in future years.  As well as sending starts of both to
different climates.

<Best to grow it side by side with Being Busy in same growing
conditions, eg: both divided and planted at same time, and then compare
them. I suspect they are both Being Busy.>

<I have just checked my photo archives and its identical to Being Busy
                   in every respect, width , shape, shading, beard
variations etc etc.
                   Seldom do I see such a close match in photos of the
same cultivar from
                   different climates.                   Chuck Chapman>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8