  From: charandmike@juno.com
  To: iris@hort.net
  Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 10:45 AM
  Subject: Re: [iris] Re: CULT: keeping down weeds

  Doris, how do you keep the shredded paper from blowing around? I
  sometimes use layers of newspaper covered with grass clippings around the
  edges of beds or to create new beds. Last year my clippings got dry and
  then stuff blew everywhere! It makes great soil when it works if I could
  keep it in place! If I kept it watered down it stayed but that isn't
  always possible. Ideas?
  Also, I've been using a preemergent called Snapshot which is cheaper in
  the long run than Preen if you use very much of it.

  Char Randall
  Melba, ID