CULT: X-ray eyes and other tall tales

Hey y'all,

I was out admiring my impending bloom, studying each fan for signs of buds,
palpating everything I could get a finger around...

Wait, let me say first that my iris bed is at the top of a hill.  Always
breezy, but this afternoon it was just at the right angle that the sun was
shining through the fans.  I was able to see emerging leaves and buds right
through the fans.  Too cool.

Then, I noticed the neighbor in his yard.  That's nothing out of the
ordinary but it reminded me that he has a nice clump of an unknown white
self.  So I marched my little butt over there to see what that iris was
doing and it's busting out all over with buds.  It's a well established
clump much in need of dividing but it still puts on a good show.

Anyway, one of the stalks catches my attention because it is very tall.  A
full six inches taller than it's neighbor, who is still obviously taller
than (I remember) Silverado  and OBrien's Choice.  So I went and got the
contractors level, with the ruler on the side, and that stalk was full of 41
inches! In bud, not yet blooming.

I'm guessing the neighboring stalk was about the same height in point of
fact since it sat in a lower part of the bed.  Don't ask me why I didn't
think to measure that one.

Anyway,
I must still be really new at this I keep finding silly things to be excited
about.
Now if only I could find a seedling.

Christain
ky