Re: HYB: ?guessing carriers?

> From: Linda Mann
> Are there any clues to which of the yellows & whites might carry pink or
> amoena genes?
>
> I think I remember somebody saying here that yellows that carry pink
> show some tinges of pink or orange.  & I definitely see that in one of
> the PINK FORMAL bee pod babies (but not the other that's open so
> far..??)

Linda,

I am not sure that this can be accepted as an invariable rule. Some of Nate
Rudolph's yellow toned irises, such as YELLOW CHIFFON and LEMON MIST have
no hint of pink or orange in their coloring to my eye, but they had pink
ancestors and were parents of offspring that expressed pink pigments, so
they must be carriers of the pink factor.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com