RE: SHOW: SPIS report (was CULT: weather)

Ok. If you guys are trying to make me feel better it is working.  At least
we had enough bloom to take the silver medal at the South Plains Iris
Society show last weekend.  It was held at St. John's United Methodist
Church and they were wonderful hosts.  Best Specimen was Stepping Out shown
by Kent and Judith Pearce.  They are two of our newest members and are doing
a wonderful job.  The strongest competition for Stepping Out was Lineup also
shown by Kent and Judith.  Ramona Howard won the bronze medal.   There were
only two other section awards given:  Best of Section IB's was Delirium and
Best of Section all other medians was Crafty Lady.  Eupha Skillman won best
design with her entry from the "Snakes on the Move" class.  Design
Sweepstakes was won by Rosemary English.  Best Seedling was T-02-1 from Bill
Skillman.  I have a few pictures that I hope to get posted to iris photos
later.

Thanks,

Dana

Dana Brown