Re:CULT: Spraying for leaf spot

Cathy wrote:
Does anyone use any spray for leaf spot?
Does it help? No, I don't mean a scientific study of side by side
treated and untreated, just did it stop the spots from spreading or
getting bigger, even if maybe that would have happened on its own...
From a very non scientific point of view - I have used it in the past, and it seemed to work. This year the leaves have been spotless, because of the dry conditions. I bought a spray pack, and a bottle of "Triforine' (rose fungiside) which i used last time, and it rained before I could find time to do the rather large job of spraying. I can say from the opposite side of the question - I didn't use it and the spotting is spreading rapidly. If the weather will hold out for this next round of family birthday weekends, I might find time during the week to do the job.
Otherwise, I am spending what spare time I have weeding, and clearing old leaves. I think the irises in the already weeded and tidied bed are in better condition than the ones overgrown by pumpkins :-)
Cheers, Jan

Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp